Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Visiting Grandma and Papa

With the 2 younger boys away at camp and Drew off visiting Jeremy, the girls and I decided to spend the week with Grandma and Papa.

My parents moved into a retirement complex last year. It has an awesome swimming pool and we have been making great use of it this week. It gets the girls out of the apartment and gives them an outlet for their abundant energy.

I thought I would share a few pics from our time so far.
Emma has taken to the water like a fish. Today, she removed the arm floaties and took off on her own. This child has no fear.

Kara was not originally very excited about the idea of the huge pool. But after maybe 10 minutes in it on the first day, she is the one constantly begging to go again. She doesn't like water in her face but she really loves to float around in it. Today she got brave enough to try floating on her back, which she really seems to like now.
Ths is a picture of what happens to the adults after an afternoon in the pool...notice the girls looking as fresh as ever!
We are all having a lot of fun and enjoying the rest and relaxation. We are looking forward to the rest of our week here. See you all soon!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy your visits to Grandma and Papa. Wish I was closer or vice/versa. I can see the girls really enjoy the pool. Thanks for sharing.

Love ya, Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Love the shot with Wes! Classic.

Jennifer said...

I MISS YOU!!!! I can't wait for you to come home...except I'm leaving soon. Your girls have very pink cheeks!

Elaine said...

I am glad to hear that you are having a great time. All is well here. Tell Emma that I will miss her at Patch. I won't have anyone to sit next to me.
Elaine

Sarah Wilson said...

Hi tracy! Your daughters are beautiful! You look great too!
love you,
Sarah