Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Like Her Dad

The boys all had their own plans tonight so Keith and I and the girls went out for dinner. We had a nice time and our evening was uneventful, which is how we like it when dining with the little ones.

The only glitch was when Kara's balloon got away from her and floated too high for any of us to reach it. She handled it with grace and Emma even offered to share hers with her sister. It was sweet.

As we finished up eating, Emma went back to coloring her kid's menu. There was a big blank page in it just begging for some color. She had commented earlier that she didn't know what to draw. I could see her really thinking about it for a long time.

Since she couldn't come up with anything on her own, she opted to copy what was on the preceding page. We were amazed at how well she did. I thought you might like to see the fruits of her labor. You can click on the pictures to get a closer look.

She must have gotten her drawing ability from her Dad because her Mom can't draw water from a well.

It was really fun to watch her working on this drawing. She was concentrating so hard. I wish I would have had my camera to capture the intensity on her face.

So... just what do cows like most in New York? Leave a comment with your best guess.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broadway Moo-sicals!!

Great job, Emma!

-JP

Kacey Bode said...

WOW!!! I'm very impressed!! Emma did a really good job!!!

Jennifer said...

I can't see the pics yet (I think I need to delete some cookies), so I'll comment on that later. I just wanted to let you know you were tagged on my blog. :)

Tracy said...

Way to go, JP. You are right. Did you read the fine print? :)

Shannon said...

I'm so impressed by the drawings! My kids seem to have gotten their artistic abilities (or lack thereof) from me! Tell Emma we said great job!

No clue on the joke...but...

What happened when the short cow ran through the field of tall grass?

She was udderly tickled to death! :)

Shannon said...

Oh...but I just read the other comments so now I know your cow joke answer :) (and I feel silly for not reading them first!)

Jennifer said...

Good Job Emma!!! Her and Emily need to get together for art sessions. :)

Anonymous said...

Lol, of course. Always use the resources you have on hand!

Love ya, Mom.

-Jeremy d;^)

Elaine said...

I saw the first answer, but I was going to say moo-sic. Emma is definitely gifted and not just in drawing. Good job, Emma.

Elissa said...

WOW, she certainly is talented!! Very cute!!