Saturday, August 30, 2008

Drama Queen

As I mentioned in a recent post, the new school year has begun in earnest around here.

On the third day of school, Emma was assigned a poem to memorize. Technically, seven school days later, she is still supposed to be working on the same poem.

The poem is fairly short at only eight lines. I, as her teacher, was supposed to read the poem to her three times that morning and three more times in the afternoon. This procedure was to be repeated each day until she learned the poem.

Well, on that first day, I read the poem three times in the morning as instructed. When we came back to it later that day she wanted to read it with me. So we read it together three times and put the book away.

The next morning I pulled the book out, opened it to said poem, and told Emma that I was going to read the poem to her three more times just like yesterday. She said "No...just let me say it!". I thought to myself "Oh, this oughta be good (with a sarcastic tone of course).

Much to my amazement, she said the poem word for word and even added her own drama in the form of hand motions.



Look out HOLLYWOOD...here she comes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emma, you are so cute and so smart. We love to hear you recite verses and sing songs. We are very proud of you. We love you lots, Papa and Grandma

Elissa said...

AW! That was SOO cute!!!!

Jennifer said...

At that rate, she'll be done with first grade by January!! :) SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal, Emma! Great job!

I also like that her little sister is already looking out for the business side of things. Executive production...that's where the money is!

-JP

Heather said...

Very Cute!!! Way to go Emma!!!

Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow, Emma! Grandma Jan couldn't memorize that as fast as you did. You are a very smart little granddaughter. Love you.

Grandma Jan