Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tea for Two

Afternoon tea...I believe it has become a casualty of our super busy fast paced world. Several years ago, I had the opportunity to share tea with a close friend of mine on a few occasions but then we both adopted children, life got even busier, and then she moved away. I miss those times.

So, in the interest of passing the joys of tea time on to my two little ladies, the girls and I made a trip to the local toy store last week in search of a sturdy tea set for little hands. Most of the ones we found were either porcelain, which would never survive with our concrete floors, or cheap thin plastic that wouldn't last long around here either.

After searching the store and finding a few treasures on the clearance aisle (we'll save those for another post), we happened upon a nice sturdy tea set that I thought just might serve our purposes.

So...on Sunday afternoon I made the girls some tea sandwiches and filled their little tea pot up for them and they had a ball serving each other and enjoying one another's company.

I had intended to join them but was in the middle of baking cookies for our new neighbors and they had finished their "tea" before I finished the cookies. It was definitely my loss...but there is always next time and I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I miss our tea times too! I am so glad that you are taking tea with your girls. I am sure it will be a fond memory when they are older!

Love, Heather