Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Gingerbread House

When the girls and I went to my parent's house last month, a friend of my mom's gave the girls one of those gingerbread house kits. We were going to put it together that weekend but knew that we would never get it home intact so we waited.

The girls nearly drove me nuts asking day after day when they could work on it. They had an absolute delight of a time when they finally got to get their hands "dirty". I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the whole thing was and how well it turned out. Here are some pictures of the event for your viewing pleasure.

If you look closely at the last two pictures, you will notice that the little trees are missing in the last one. Those were the first to be eaten after the girls finished the house. You have to be quick with the camera around here if food is involved.

Stay tuned for the next installment in this December rundown...

No comments: