Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This day has taken on a new significance for me since Keith's dad died 5 1/2 years ago. Those things always help you see a little clearer. Isn't it sad that it takes something like the death of loved one to make you appreciate everyone else more.

I want my Dad to know how much I love him and how thankful I am for the fact that he has always been there for me. I knew when I was younger that he would do anything for me and I've never doubted that since. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you! Your gift is in the mail. :)

On a similar note, I'm so thankful for my husband and for the father that he is to our children. After being parents for 21 years now, we understand just how difficult it can be to be good parents and to raise our children in the training and admonition of the Lord. I think Keith has done a great job but he would argue with me. I think it's really commendable for a man to raise 6 children and still have his sanity. What do you think? ;)

All goofiness aside, I only know of one perfect Father and that is God. I praise Him today for adopting us into His family and loving us as His own.
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. ~ Galatians 4:4-7
Happy Father's Day to all the dads that might come across this blog. May God give you the wisdom and strength to raise your children to follow Him.

No comments: