Thursday, June 5, 2008

Critters

Both of my girls love critters of all kinds. They would love to have a dog but I keep telling them that we have too many children to have animals. ;) So far, that has worked.

A new home is being built on the lot next to us. One of the bricklayers that has been working on the house this last week has the cutest little puppy that he brings to work with him everyday.
We were out front one evening enjoying the nice weather when the puppy decided to come and play. The girls had a great time and so did the puppy. It's the first time I've seen Kara actually play with a dog without being afraid. Then again, it's the first time she has been around one that wasn't bigger than she is.


Keith has taught the girls that bugs are okay, too. It is obvious that they trust him completely. :) The other day there was a commotion on the back patio while they were out there playing. I went to check it out only to find them fighting over who got to hold the mostly dead cricket that they had found.

Kara was the current pallbearer. The cricket was lying in her tiny little palm and she was gently caressing it with the index finger of her other hand.

Yuck!!!!!!! I do not like bugs and this sight just grossed me out. Not to mention that the exterminator had been here earlier that day which is why the cricket was dying in the first place. After a short lecture on bugs and poison and a thorough washing of the hands, I'm happy to report that I have no pictures to share with you of this example of the girls' love for critters.

The front patio that we had built last fall has become a favorite hangout for Keith and I in the evenings after dinner. The girls love it when we go out there because they get to come too.

Emma asked one night at dinner "Are you guys going to have a vacationship tonight?" We are not sure where the word came from but that is her term for our time on the front patio. We are more than happy to oblige and now we "vacationship" often.

During a recent "vacationship", Emma got sent inside early. Those who know her well won't even have to wonder why. :) Kara was sitting on Keith's lap when a bird on the roof caught her eye. She is fascinated with all critters but birds seem to hold a special attraction for her. I happened to catch this shot of the two of them as she got Daddy involved in her birdwatching activities.

I thought this picture was great of the two of them. It thrills my heart to see their relationship growing. Kara is still painfully shy with most men but she has finally decided that Daddy is a good guy. I put her to bed one night last week when Keith wasn't home and just before I turned out the light she said "Tell Daddy I love him". Need I say more?

We are so blessed!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ugh! Squeeze my heart!! She is tooo cute!! Your girls are very beautiful!!

Elissa said...

AW, Kara and Em are so cute, and I LOVE that picture of Mr. Pond and Kara :) Give the girls a big hug from 'Lissa!

Anonymous said...

*Tears*

-JP

Liesl said...

What a great picture!
welcome to the blogosphere :-)